Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Because I have nothing else to do...

I'm thinking about becoming a chemistry tutor. It looks as though I will get an A in gen chem 2. Thank you youtube.com for your invaluable service in explaining concepts! Since my fall schedule will be so light - three of my five boys will be in school; so only two will be at home. My course load at that time will consist of Statistics, Biology 2 with lab, Physics 1 with lab, and Organic Chemistry with lab and recitation. Surely I will be able to spare a few hours each week to assist those in need of general chemistry help right? I figure it may help a little on my medical school application; it will bring in a few bucks as income; but moreover, it will keep my gen chem skills sharp for the MCAT next year. This way I won't have to cram as hard as I would otherwise. I'm still mulling it over but I think this is the way to go... if there are any suggestions, let me know.

BTW... there was sarcasm when referring to my upcoming schedule as light...

2 comments:

  1. You know, since youtube was such a great help with the initial chemistry learning process, it may be helpful as the MCAT chemistry refresher. It sounds as if you are a very ambitious person, but ambition can only take you so far. You have to have a solid support system (ie wifey at home) If your support system feels like she is losing the tiny amount of "you time" that she has before you enter into med school and are sucked into 37 hr days, she may feel a bit sad. Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the suggestion... It was well received :)

    ReplyDelete