Tuesday, October 11, 2011

8 Days of Hardcoreness


The next eight days are crucial. After rebounding from what I hope to be a decent grade on my stats exam on Saturday, I have a monster upcoming schedule. The physics midterm is really what has my stomach in knots. Because I devoted so my time to orgo earlier in the semester, my physics preparation really took a hit. Basically it boils down to the fact that I had one week to complete half 1/4 of the semester's worth of work. While that may not seem like much, since I really can't stand the subject, learning a chapter per day is ridiculous. But I did it to myself, and if I had it to do over, I wouldn't change a thing. Because of all my hard effort in orgo, I got an A on the first test. There are only 4 exams in the semester and my professor does not drop the lowest grade. However, he does count the highest one twice. So in reality, I have an A on 2/5 of my orgo exams. Kick ass!

So back to my schedule, I've got a physics midterm on Saturday, a biology practical on Monday, and a biology lecture exam on Wednesday. Since I knew my schedule was going to be crazy hectic, I spoke with my biology lecture professor and asked if he would keep me on the class roster even if I didn't attend class. Even though the syllabus clearly states he would drop anyone if they missed more than 4 class periods, he was amenable. Nice! An extra 4 hours per week instantly freed up. Oh and I forgot, sandwiched in between the biology examinations, is another orgo exam for which I am wholly unprepared. Oops.

Well what I keep telling myself is the affirmation from below (See previous post). Somehow I know it will all work out. It always seems to doesn't it? In fact, tomorrow, since I have nothing else to do, I have/get to go to a meeting about getting inducted into another honors society. I guess it will help on the medical school application. I hope so anyway. Positivity rules the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment