Sunday, December 11, 2011

Mourning a tragic loss, Next Semester, and Taking a Break


So I took the weekend to mourn the loss of my "perfect" GPA. Physics was my undoing. Physics is difficult for me. Could I have studied more? Yes. Should I have? Yes. But all in all, I'm happy. I got a B. It's respectable. Could have easily been worse. It's just that I don't like physics. It's awful. It's one awful word problem after awful word problem. Mundane. I'd rather have a root canal than study for it. The concepts I think are ingrained in my brain. At this point, it's a matter of putting my understanding into practice, and delivering the correct answer. Next semester I will work harder to get an A in Physics 2.

So my next semester's schedule is just about set. I am signed up for Physics 2, Organic Chemistry 2, Neurobiology, and I will soon be signed up for Psychology Research Methods. My 4 year University just needs a copy of my transcript showing that I took Statistics this semester, since it's a prerequisite. I also filled out the application for admissions into another local Community College. On Monday I will start the process of having my previous transcripts sent to them so I can do the Texas Fresh Start program. I'm not sure what class I am going to take at this point, but I'm thinking maybe either First Aid and Safety, or a beginning Nutrition class. Both are delivered online, so I wouldn't actually have to physically attend class.

In the meantime, I am looking forward to Christmas break. I plan on playing games with the kids, cleaning my sadly neglected house, and spending some much needed quality time with my wife. I'm thinking a night out on the town with a nice dinner, followed by a hotel room in the city. Woohoo! Party rockers in the house tonight! Fun is more than overdue.

No comments:

Post a Comment