Sunday, April 8, 2012

No Turning Back Now

All of a sudden I couldn't control my shaking. My face flushed and my stomach churned like an unbalanced washing machine. Little beads of sweat appeared on my forehead. No I did not have the flu, nor did I have a food allergy. I just registered for the MCAT. I have known for months what day I wanted/needed to the test. I have been planning on taking it right before I go to my family reunion in July. I guess I've been putting off actually signing up for it because that would make it real. Once that money is plunked down there's no turning back.

Apparently it scares me more than I thought. I had thought I was cool as a cucumber about the whole thing. I mean, I've taken all my prerequisites within the last year. Everything is very fresh, and I've done well in all of the required classes. I understand them. I can see how they all are interrelated. But still the fear is there. This one test will determine whether a medical school will deem me fit to allow entrance into their school. No pressure... Yeah right. Well I can't really do much about it now. I just need to keep plugging away at my classes right now and need to worry about the MCAT later... when classes are over in May. The thing is, if I'm that nervous just to sign up for the exam, how nervous will I be to actually sit for it?

3 comments:

  1. Yay! One step closer Dr. Lewis. I heard from a high school kid out there the MCAT isn't that hard

    ReplyDelete
  2. I signed up for August 17th, and the butterflies are churning already...awwwww gahd! What have we done?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck to you. It's easier said than done, but we need to just stay calm and trust that we are prepared for this. We just need to show that we learned a thing or two. No big deal right? :P

    ReplyDelete