Friday, June 29, 2012

Interview at Accepted.com

 

15 days...

I was recently contacted by accepted.com who asked if I would be willing to do an interview for their website.  I was asked me the following questions:

  1. First, can you tell us a little about yourself – where are you from, where did you go to school and when did you graduate; and what prior degrees do you hold?
  2. When do you plan on applying to med school? Do you know which schools will you apply to?
  3. What made you want to pursue a medical degree at this stage in your life? 
  4. I see on your Premed Progress page that you've already checked off a ton of items, but that you still have some biggies coming up. How are your AMCAS essays coming along?
  5. Why did you decide to blog about your med school application experience? 
  6. And last but not least, how do you get anything done with five little boys at home??


I'm not sure why they asked me, though I suppose I could email them and ask, and probably will now that I'm thinking about it.  But regardless, it was interesting to do a little self-reflecting about my medical school progress, my motivation for attempting this, and where I have come from.  I remember how my life used to be.  I don't want that life anymore.  I want something better.  Better for me, and my family.  I want to show my kids that they can do whatever they want to with this life.

Studying for the MCAT has me so focused on this task that it was nice to take a moment to reflect on what was, what is, and what is to come.  If you would like to read the interview in its entirety, it is available  here.  I just hope that I have done enough to get into medical school.  I hope I will be able to convey my passion and tenacity in my essays to them.  I hope that all of this has not been in vain.

2 comments:

  1. Here's why: We like featuring applicant bloggers on our blog, especially interesting people with interesting backgrounds, who can share their application experiences with our readers. These interview posts have been really popular -- people like to see where other people are in the admissions process and learn from their successes and mistakes (hopefully more of the former!).

    So...thank you so much for sharing your experiences with us. We're rooting for you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the words of encouragement. And thank you for your well wishes. I surely need them!

      Delete