Thursday, October 6, 2011

There are enough hours in the day... I believe that

6:00: Oh I could hide beneath the wings, of the bluebird as he sings. The six o'clock alarm would never ring. But it rings and I rise, wipe the sleep out of my eyes. My shaving razor's cold and it stings.
6:30: I actually get out of bed after hitting the snooze button a time or two. Got the older kids ready for school minus the oldest...
7:35: Out the door after cooling off 2 fights, 5 lunches made, 4 breakfasts (one refuses the most important meal of the day, and off to school.
8:00: Arrived at destination, two towns away as to provide the best education possible for bright young minds.
8:20: Back at home getting breakfast number two for the twins, because one breakfast just isn't enough now is it?
8:30: The realization that I have no time, but I still have an orgo lab report to turn hits me - hard. I have yet to start. Class is at 7pm but lecture is at 5:30 and schedule is packed.
8:55: Seconds to second breakfast was dispersed, with dishes in sink (I'll get to them later I'm sure).
9:00: Finally begin my lab report... wow this sucks. How do I calculate percent yield again. How can I forget the basics so quickly?
9:12: "Dad, how do you do the water cycle?" "What water cycle?" "You know... like how there's a circle of life with animals?" "Uh... not really sure what you mean. Do you have instructions for your teacher?" -- Spend 30 minutes explaining precipitation, collection, evaporation, and condensation to my eldest.
9:45: Ok... back to lab
10:20: "Time to go! Everyone get your shoes on." Twins and eldest get shoes on.
10:55: Arrive at occupational therapist's office to see if they can help my eldest with his asperger's.
12:35: On my way back home to make lunch
1:15: Lunches made, and back to lab work
2:15: Ladyfriend comes home early so I can go get help with physics/stats at the math lab.
3:35: Orgo lab report finished and stats lab work finished.
5:25: Realize I still need physics help and Orgo lecture starts in 5 minutes.... time to skip class.
7:00: Orgo lab starts.
9:45: Orgo lab ends.
10:10: Back at home for dinner alone... everyone is asleep. Casserole sucks. Yankees lose... Woohoo!! Bring on the Tigers!!
11:30: After checking email, online class updates, and blog entry... thinking about going to bed... after all the 6 o'clock alarm will ring again tomorrow....

Dammit... I need to do dishes


No comments:

Post a Comment