Saturday, November 19, 2011

Marley and Me


So it's just Marley and me right now. She's a half shar-pei, half lab mix. The wife is at work until very late. My brother came by and I pawned the twins off on him until morning. Muahahahaha. Hopefully they won't eat him alive before then. The older ones are outside playing with friends, and soon will be off to spend the night with their MeeMaw. So I'm here. Studying. Just Marley and me. It's quiet. I had forgotten what quiet felt like. It's a bit eerie. I'm trying to concentrate on my work, but I can hear everything. I can hear dogs barking in the distance. Nearby there is a high school football game in progress. I can track the play-by-play of the announcer (home team appears to be winning). I can hear the tick-tock of the clock in the living room. I can hear the sound of the keys on the keyboard as I type this. How foreign these sounds seem, though they surely happen all the time. Yet I cannot hear them through the din of my life. I kinda miss the din already... Hopefully I will be able to block out all this extraneous noise and buckle down for the homestretch of my organic chemistry study. The exam is Tuesday. I can do this. I can do this. I can do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment